The IT Director is a high impact, very prominent role as an innovative technical leader for the business. He/She works with the business to understand the detailed requirements, craft a solution, and present back to the business in a clear and concise manner. This person will act as the Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) when interfacing with the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Additional duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to change or add to the duties of this position.
- Collaborate with COO to determine strategy for technology platforms and partnerships, and implement the company’s IT roadmap
- Understand and communicate systems/requirements understanding and value delivered
- Assist with day-to-day operations and maintenance of the firm’s technology systems including all IT related hardware, software, networks, VOIP telephony systems, and printers
- Manage all IT vendor relationships and strive for continuous savings and process improvements
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitor expenses; plan budgets for future periods
- Act as project manager for multiple IT projects such as CRM implementation, Ecommerce, EDI, etc.
- Select and retain talent by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; develop personal growth opportunities for existing employees
- Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained throughout lifecycle of projects
- Research and evaluate technology needs; Continually stay abreast of the latest IT technologies in Data Center, Storage, Compute, Networking, Telecom, Security, Disaster Recovery, Backup
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years’ leadership experience in the IT field including detailed knowledge of industry best practices
- 7+ Years – Administering Enterprise Applications (SQL 2005/2008/2012, MySQL, SharePoint)
- WAN-LAN network experience, including administration and physical installation of access points, routers, switches, printers, scan guns, mobile printers and firewalls
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft AD (administration, user account management, file share/ permissions management) DHCP, DNS, backups, security and previous experience with Office 365
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Project leadership experience with demonstrated ability to successfully deliver projects on time, on budget, and with the required functionality
- Excellent writing, documentation, and communication skills
- Blend of strong leadership skills and hands-on technical skills
- Experience with .net, e-commerce platforms, Salesforce, BI tools, EDI
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, MS Server 2012, and Directory Services administration (MS 2003-2012, Open LDAP, SAML, SAMBA, etc.)
- Linux (SuSE/SLES, CentOS, Ubuntu, RedHat/RHEL, etc.)
- VMware ESX 4 or ESX 5 and experience with ESX 5
- Monitoring (SCOM, vRealize, Hyperic, Solarwinds, Nagios, etc.)
- Patching (WSUS, Shavlik, vProtect, VCM)
- Virtualization (VMware vSphere, vCloud Director, Hyper-V. etc.)
- Backup (Networker, Avamar, EMC, Veeam, Commvault, Netbackup, etc.)
- Network services administration (DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP)
- Web Application support (ASP, .Net, JVM, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.)
- MS Clustering support (MS 2008 R2, 2012 R2)
- Enterprise anti-virus solution, Symantec or McAfee preferred
- DB support experience is preferred (RDBMS MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Cloud Hosting is nice to have (VPC, vCA, AWS, etc.)
- 7 years of experience with enterprise storage support (EMC, Hitachi, 3Par, HP, NAS, etc.)
- ITIL best practices implementation, certification is a plus
- Disaster Recovery design and implementation (App clustering, replication & system recovery)
- Scripting (PowerShell, Perl, VB, etc.)
- Change control processes and industry standard security controls
- MCTS certification and/or equivalent is a plus
- Datacenter support (rack and stack, cabling, power)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to take directional cues directly and indirectly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Employment at Jaipur is contingent on the completion of a successful criminal background check and a drug screen. Jaipur employees are subject to pre-employment, post-injury, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and random testing for illegal drug usage.