The Director of Information Technology role is a technology leadership position responsible for the design, development, implementation, and integration of various business systems and associated data sub-systems at Jaipur Living. This role works closely with business leaders, and senior management throughout the organization to affirm and execute a portion of the larger strategy and vision that seeks to introduce standardized, scalable, sustainable, effective, efficient and secure systems, architectures and applications. This role is responsible for leading a team of internal staff and consulting resources to successfully complete strategic technology projects such as CRM (Salesforce), ERP (Repzio, eCommerce, etc.), JaipurLiving.com (and associated web properties) and other various internal applications. Business stakeholders will be engaged in a strategic capacity by identifying and implementing new and innovative information technology applications; aligned with and meeting business needs in a timely and cost-effective manner. This position also leads the implementation of our enterprise technical data strategy for warehousing, reporting, analytics, engineering and database administration. Finally, this position also is expected to drive the Cloud and Infrastructure as a Service strategy as adopted by Jaipur Living.
STRATEGY AND FOCUS
Focus will be on providing leadership in the creation of efficient and innovative technology based business solutions for all business areas. A major responsibility of this individual will be to develop a comprehensive applications strategy in conjunction with the overall IT strategy and Architectural vision, develop an applications road map, and outline and execute a plan that will achieve the organization’s strategic business goals while seeking to maintain operational effectiveness and efficiency. This role will also investigate industry trends and key research bodies and provide guidance and recommendations to senior management.
- Oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle including design; implementation; deployment; development; testing and maintenance, working within defined architectural standards.
- Direct third party system integration activities (example: Salesforce to ERP), internal to internal, or internal to external using common best practices and standards.
- Guide implementation and maintenance of best practice standards and guidelines in the areas of software development; application management, secure coding practices and integration solutions.
- Manage our Enterprise Architecture practice via standardization and governance across all information technology disciplines.
- Along with other Leadership, create and implement strategic mission and vision for Information Technology, and maintain a multi-year technology strategy.
- Enhance business value of information by setting overall data strategy for storage and retrieval of data.
- Manage team responsible for designing and building data warehouses, analytical data stores, maintaining operational and analytical reporting systems, etc.
- Exhibits and promotes strong leadership skills in motivating and educating other team members.
- Sets and manages priorities.
- Operates under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Comprehends complex; technical subjects.
- Keep abreast of new trends; and changes in the IT industry.
- Establish successful working relationships with management, technical personnel, end users and vendors.
- Manage multiple development teams and apply proven communication skills; problem-solving skills; and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development teams on issues related to the design; development; and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
- Manage budget and vendor relationships for all areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical area of study (Masters preferred), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 - 10 years of IT and business/industry work experience, including a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible management experience leading teams under an Agile SDLC methodology. Knowledge of other SDLCs, programming languages, database structures, WEB concepts and Mobile application concepts preferred.
- Requires advanced technical and business knowledge in strategy and policy development, project management, and IT budgeting.
- Demonstrated ability to marshal the internal and/or external resources necessary to get things done in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Strong team building and leadership skills.
- Ability to oversee multiple technology initiatives at the same time.
- Ability to effectively hire, organize, direct, evaluate and retain a professional staff in the development, implementation and operation of business technology systems.
- Analyze alternatives and implement systems which are responsive to business requirements.
- Furnish top level advice and consultation concerning policy and security implications for company applications.
- Prior experience in managing projects or operations in the following environments a plus: Microsoft Navision, Repzio, Salesforce.com, Microsoft technologies, Tableau reporting
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE
- Strong background in application analysis, development, and testing skills.
- High-level understanding of contemporary cloud architectural patterns in both service management and application development practices.
- Agile or PMP+Agile. Multiple utilization scenarios (e.g. Scrum and Kanban) a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to take directional cues directly and indirectly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Employment at Jaipur is contingent on the completion of a successful criminal background check and a drug screen. Jaipur employees are subject to pre-employment, post-injury, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and random testing for illegal drug usage.