It is an exciting time to join Jaipur! With over 4500 retailers across the country and aggressive growth plans over the next 5 years, we are an established wholesaler in the home furnishings industry located in Acworth, Georgia (metro Atlanta area).
From our beautiful designs in rugs and textiles to our story of 40,000 artisans, engaging with Jaipur is exciting and something to be proud of! For the second year in a row, Inc. Magazine recognized us as one of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America. You can be part of our amazing team and help us accomplish even bigger goals.
The Director of Applications & Technology role is a technology leadership position responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and integrating business systems and associated data sub-systems for the Jaipur Living. This role works closely with business leaders, and senior management throughout the organization to develop and execute a portion of the larger strategy and vision that seeks to introduce standardized, scalable, sustainable, effective, efficient and secure systems, architectures and applications. This role is responsible for directing staff that develops and executes the strategic technology roadmap for enhancing IT applications such as CRM (Salesforce), ERP (Repzio, eCommerce, etc), Jaipur Living (and associated web properties) and other various internal applications. Engage and support business stakeholders in a strategic capacity by identifying and implementing new and innovative information technology applications; aligned with and meeting business needs in a timely and cost-effective manner. This position also implements our enterprise technical data strategy for warehousing, reporting, analytics, engineering and database administration. Finally, this position also is expected to support and enhance the Cloud and Infrastructure as a Service strategy as adopted by Jaipur Living.
STRATEGY AND FOCUS
Focus will be on providing leadership in the creation of efficient and innovative technology based business solutions for all business areas. A major responsibility of this individual will be to develop a comprehensive applications strategy in conjunction with the overall IT strategy and Architectural vision, develop an applications road map, and outline and execute a plan that will achieve the organization’s strategic business goals while seeking to maintain operational effectiveness and efficiency. This role will also investigate industry trends and key research bodies and provide guidance and recommendations to senior management.
- Manage and maintain our Enterprise Architecture practice via standardization and governance across all information technology disciplines.
- Manage all phases of the software development lifecycle including design; implementation; deployment; development; testing and maintenance, working within defined architectural standards.
- Integrate third party to third party systems (example: Salesforce to ERP), internal to internal, or internal to external using common best practices and standards.
- Implement and maintain best practice standards and guidelines in the areas of software development; application management, secure coding practices and integration solutions.
- Along with other Leadership, create and implement strategic mission and vision for Information Technology, and maintain a multi-year technology strategy.
- Enhances business value of information by setting overall data strategy for storage and retrieval of data. Manages team responsible for designing and building data warehouses, analytical data stores, maintaining operational and analytical reporting systems, etc.
- Exhibits and promotes strong leadership skills in motivating and educating other team members.
- Sets and manages priorities.
- Operates under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Comprehends complex; technical subjects.
- Keep abreast of new trends; and changes in the IT industry.
- Undertakes specialized projects; studies; and assignments as requested by the CIO.
- Establish successful working relationships with management, technical personnel, end users and vendors.
- Manage multiple development teams and apply proven communication skills; problem-solving skills; and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development teams on issues related to the design; development; and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
- Manage budget and vendor relationships for all areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical area of study, Masters preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 - 10 years of IT and business/industry work experience, including a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible management experience leading teams under an Agile SDLC methodology, other SDLCs, programming languages, database structures, WEB concepts and Mobile application concepts.
- Requires advanced technical and business knowledge in strategy and policy development, and project management.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Experience in project management; reengineering and process improvement; development and administration of information systems; principles and techniques of management and organizational analysis; fiscal and budgetary procedures; research and statistical processes and methods; evaluation and control techniques.
- Ability to effectively hire, organize, direct, evaluate and retain a professional staff in the development, implementation and operation of business technology systems.
- Analyze alternatives and implement systems which are responsive to business requirements.
- Furnish top level advice and consultation concerning policy and security implications for company applications.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; make decisions and draw conclusions.
- Prior experience in managing projects or operations in the following environments a plus:
- Microsoft Navision, Repzio
- Microsoft technologies
- Tableau Reporting
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Strong team building and leadership skills.
- Ability to oversee multiple technology initiatives.
- Proven success with primary project management responsibilities for mission critical project(s).
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE
- Agile or PMP+Agile in multiple utilization scenarios (example: Kanban)
- Strong background in application analysis, development, and testing skills.
- High-level understanding of contemporary cloud architectural patterns in both service management and application development practices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to take directional cues directly and indirectly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Employment at Jaipur is contingent on the completion of a successful criminal background check and a drug screen. Jaipur employees are subject to pre-employment, post-injury, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and random testing for illegal drug usage.